The PMOD ATL version provides an enterprise solution for the application of PMOD in controlled environments with the following features:
- Client-server architecture to separate user administration and data storage from data processing.
- Central data storage in server databases to prevent access from outside of PMOD.
- Central user and data administration from within a privileged account.
- Access list control for databases to restrict access to authorized users.
- Data access exclusively through client-server communication.
- Central user authentication by using the enterprise-wide user administration.
- Central audit trail logging which is transparent to the user.
Note that within the ATL version some of the normal PMOD functionality gets blocked for unprivileged users.